- This Blog Is Rated PG-13 - Just for clarification: the admittedly unscientific rating found fault with my discussion of honor killings and torture porn. Of all the reasons to rate me unsuitable, I doubt those are the highest on the list.
- Ratatouille Star Patton Oswalt on Geeks vs. Nerds - "A lot of nerds aren't aware they're nerds. A geek has thrown his hands up to the universe and gone, 'I speak Klingon - who am I fooling? You win! I'm just gonna openly like what I like.' Geeks tend to be a little happier with themselves."
- Bruce Campbell Is "Hungry like the Wolf" - Is it just me, or is Mr. Campbell looking rather fine these days? In a distinguished, professorial/demon-killer kind of way?
- If You Live in Ohio, You Can't Be Arrested for a Misdemeanor on July 4 - It's true - I spent last Wednesday arrest-free.
- Women Aren't Objects - I've seen this billboard all over town and it's annoyed me every time - unfortunately, I didn't see the "modified" version before they took it down. The station isn't all the great either. Maybe because they're obviously aiming for the ignorant demographic.
- You Wouldn't Credit It - I both agree and disagree with this. Movie credits are not always distracting and/or unnecessary. But I am reminded of one MST3K movie where the embedded credits were still spooling 15-20 minutes into the film, and one of the crew commented, "... and the credits continue until the very end of the movie."
- Sicko Heavily Doctored - My own bit on Michael Moore is in the works, and it's not even as virulent as this piece by Kurt Loder (of all people) is. I did not expect to find a story like this on MTV.com, but wonders never cease.