- Red Dwarf Voted 'Best SciFi Program Ever' in Poll - I don't know if I would say ever, but it's definitely one of the best. Also of interest: Red Dwarf Quote Generator.
- Capitvity Review - Pajiba's Dustin Rowles has a few things to say about that particular piece of torture porn.
- Nunatak - So I really wasn't into the Live Earth thing. But that was because I didn't know that Nunatak, a band of scientific researchers in Antarctica, was playing live from Antarctica. They should have got so much more publicity than Madonna.
- Queen Guitarist Brian May Achieves PhD in Astrophysics - After quitting school thirty years ago for the siren call of rock 'n' roll, May went back and got his PhD. His thesis was on interplanetary dust clouds. He also recently co-authored a children's book called Bang! The Complete History of the Universe.
- Animalia Animated - Speaking of children's books ... the wonderful Animalia will soon be an animated television series.
- One Giant Leap for Space Fashion - MIT designs sleek, skintight spacesuit. Finally, our technology is catching up with 50's pulp scifi magazine covers.
- Dear Internet from 2001 - Bluishorange has a great point. In the midst of all the fancy web 2.0 apps we have to document every single aspect of our lives, are we losing the reflection and the ideas that make lives interesting in the first place?
- Clinton Spectacle One Giant Step Back for Feminism - Hear, hear.
- Court Coverage Got Personal for Pregnant Reporter - "I just wish those same activists had access to the kind of journalistic ultrasound I viewed as a Supreme Court reporter. And I certainly wish the justices - especially the eight male ones - could take a look inside the minds of pregnant women and experience not just the hopes but the fears and anxieties associated with pregnancy."