These days, everybody who needs to reach the public or run an organization needs to a great website or computer assistance. Non-profit organizations are no exception. If you're technically and/or graphically inclined with a bit of extra time on your hands, here are some opportunities for you to build up some good karma:
- Webmaster and Newsletter Production, Healing the Children Southwest Chapter - 5 hours per month, requires both basic web and print experience.
- PHP Programmer, Single Mothers House Sharing - 60 hours per event, needs website rebuilt and given a new look.
- Web Design, Minis and Friends - 3 hours per week, new website for animal charity.
- Website SEO, Discover Technology, Inc. - unknown number of hours, optimization and search engine submission for existing website.
- Second Life Volunteer, Global Aid Foundation - 2 hours per day, develop and implement non-profit programs in Second Life.
- Programmer, Globalhood - design Facebook application.
These volunteer listings are mined from VolunteerMatch.org and Idealist.org. Please check out all the details at the links, and contact the individual organization administrators for more information. If you know of a non-profit volunteering opportunity that would interest tech folk, please let me know and I'll include it in next week's list.