A late Weekly, to go with the as-yet-to-be-produced podcast. I did in fact write the majority of this Friday, but am just now getting around to publishing it. Enjoy anyway.
- Crazy for Cult - Tiny bit behind on this, but an art show dedicated to pop culture cult films is always worth a mention. The clip
embedded above* is Blair Butler's take on it, including interview with Kevin Smith. The show's website is also offering limited-edition prints for sale.
*Okay, the clip is not embedding, but the link is here.
- Back to the Future of the Web - Vitamin asks top designers what we'll be considering the most important aspect of today's web in ten years' time.
- Girls Drawing Girls - In more "lowbrow" art news, a bunch of talented female animators band together to create this new book of cartoon pinups throughout the ages.
- Twitter for Good- Like the LA Fire Department, the American Red Cross is now using Twitter to send updates. Reminds me of The IT Crowd episode where Moss sends an email to report a fire, except it doesn't seem to silly anymore.
- Speaking of The IT Crowd ... - Apparently Season Two drops August 24th. Hopefully it will be online then or not long after.