These days, everybody who needs to reach the public or run an organization needs to a great website or computer assistance. Non-profit organizations are no exception. If you're technically and/or graphically inclined with a bit of extra time on your hands, here are some opportunities for you to build up some good karma:
- Website Designer, Science, Engineering and Mathematics Link Inc - Need 2 volunteers for about 5 hours a month to update website. Disclosure: I actually volunteered for this one myself, but I can't imagine they'd turn down extra help!)
- Graphic Designers, SANMA - 5 volunteers needed for 3 hours a week to make banners for websites. Dreamweaver, Flash and Fireworks experience preferred.
- Web Ad Designer, Community for Youth - 1 volunteer needed for unknown amount of hours to create website ads.
- Drupal Website Developer, AnimalKind - 1 volunteer needed to build Drupal website. Offers letter of recommendation upon completion.
- Drupal CMS Producer, Quality Parks - Need 1 volunteer to migrate existing site to Drupal.
- Webmaster, Hepatitis C Outreach Project - Needs a well-rounded webmaster to administer an existing site.
- Webmaster, Social Relief International - Needs someone to oversee existing web operations.
These volunteer listings are mined from VolunteerMatch.org and Idealist.org. Please check out all the details at the links, and contact the individual organization administrators for more information. If you know of a non-profit volunteering opportunity that would interest tech folk, please let me know and I'll include it in the next list.