- Internet Commenter Business Meeting - It's funny 'cause it's true.
- Tots Getting Internet Identity at Birth - Call me crazy, but I think buying domain names for your children and setting up their websites could become a modern equivalent of passing down photo albums or baby books. Although, choosing child names based on available domain names is a little weird even for me.
- Britney Spears's New Product Stealing from Monodonation and Charities - Just because I support free and open use of information and intellectual property doesn't mean I'm down with blatant disrespect and rip-offs. Especially when the design being ripped off represents progressive-thinking company that donates a portion of every one of their sales to charities, and the rip-off is being perpetrated by a ridiculously wealthy pop star and cosmetics corporation who can afford original designs.
- Death Drops Scythe, Adopts 'Softer' Look - "A small religious group that worships the grim reaper and is fighting for government recognition unveiled a softer image of their Death Saint today: a woman with a porcelain face, brown, shoulder-length hair and long thin fingers." I have an inexplicable fascination with the portion of Mexican religious culture that focuses on death imagery. This Santa Muerte is right up my alley.
- The Pfc. LaVena Johnson Petition - Her suspicious death was even more suspiciously ruled a "suicide" by the Army. Take a minute to sign the petition to have her case reopened. After what happened in the Tillman case, it's probably a good idea to examine these type of things too well than not at all.
- Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations in Cleveland - Monday, 27 August, 10 PM, Travel Channel. Be there. It's going to be awesome.