I stumbled across this a while ago, but never posted it. Thanks to Information Pollution for sharing.
- Always be looking. (Notice the ground beneath your feet.)
- Consider everything alive and animate.
- Everything is interesting. Look closer.
- Alter your course often.
- Observe for long durations (and short ones.)
- Notice the stories going on around you.
- Notice patterns. Make connections.
- Document your findings (field notes) in a variety of ways.
- Incorporate indeterminancy.
- Observe movement.
- Create a personal dialogue with your environment. Talk to it.
- Trace things back to their origins.
- Use all of the senses in your investigations.