- Women in Hollywood - So, no, WB didn't actually say "no more women." My point still stands that it doesn't matter (and to be perfectly honest, the vigorousness of their denials makes them sound more like it was said and they just don't want anyone to know about it), because the practice is already unofficially entrenched in the movie industry. Salon also hosted a roundtable of actual women working in Hollywood to get their input.
- Top Sites of 2001 - An interesting look at how our internet habits have changed. I miss Audiogalaxy.
- Joanne Harris's Top Ten Kids' Books with Kickass Heroines - Several I haven't yet met.
- I Love Mars, and I Vote - The coolest single-issue political initiative I've encountered, devoted solely to gaging candidates' opinions on reaching Mars.
- In Other Space News - The first female space station commander launched with her team last Wednesday.
- Encountering Jesus in Wal-Mart - Calladus reports.