I recently started adding tags to all of my posts, and when going back through them, I re-discovered my Virtual Volunteering posts. I completely dropped the ball on those, which is a shame because I thought they could potentially be useful. So I'm resurrecting them.
These days, everybody who needs to reach the public or run an organization needs to a great website or computer assistance. Non-profit organizations are no exception. If you're technically and/or graphically inclined with a bit of extra time on your hands, here are some opportunities for you to build up some good karma:
- Design Volunteer, International Labor Rights Forum - General design work, prefer someone in the Washington, D.C. area.
- Web Designer, Play for Life International - Design for existing site on Drupal.
- Web Designer, The Tender Bride Philadelphia - 5 hours per month, continuing website updates.
- Facebook Application Developer, Neighbors Project - 2 hours per week, developing original Facebook app.
- Website Manager, Hinsdale Community Service - 4 hours per month, continuing website updates.
These volunteer listings are mined from VolunteerMatch.org and Idealist.org. Please check out all the details at the links, and contact the individual organization administrators for more information. If you know of a non-profit volunteering opportunity that would interest tech folk, please let me know and I'll include it in next week's list.