Graphic designer Stefan Sagmeister's installation exploring Things I Have Learned in My Life So Far is on display until 23 February. Here's a handy list of the twenty things learned:
- 1. Helping other people helps me.
- 2. Having guts always works out for me.
- 3. Thinking that life will be better in the future is stupid. I have to live now.
- 4. Organising a charity group is surprisingly easy.
- 5. Being not truthful always works against me.
- 6. Everything I do always comes back to me.
- 7. Assuming is stifling.
- 8. Drugs feel great in the beginning and become a drag later on.
- 9. Over time I get used to everything and start taking for granted.
- 10. Money does not make me happy.
- 11. My dreams have no meaning.
- 12. Keeping a diary supports personal development.
- 13. Trying to look good limits my life.
- 14. Material luxuries are best enjoyed in small doses.
- 15. Worrying solves nothing.
- 16. Complaining is silly. Either act or forget.
- 17. Everybody thinks they are right.
- 18. If I want to explore a new direction professionally, it is helpful to try it out for myself first.
- 19. Low expectations are a good strategy.
- 20. Everybody who is honest is interesting.