- One of my favorite people in the universe, Ricky Gervais, is now blogging the production of his directorial debut, which also features John Hodgman and Tina Fey.
- Nicky Crane and the Skinhead Closet. An interesting article about the intersections of skinhead, oi, and gay subcultures.
- "Kelis Rogers: Magnetism against the Lactic Euphemism." Nikolay Saveliev's PopMatters, faux-academic makeovers of pop music. (Via ISO50.)
- Legal battles between Beatrice Welles and Turner Entertainment are apparently holding up the DVD releases of classic Orson Welles films, which is why the only way you can get a copy of one of the best films ever made, The Magnificent Ambersons, is to buy it on VHS. Swell.
- We Make Money Not Art profiles the life and work of the Billboard Liberation Front.