- Dr. Seuss kindly requests - in verse, of course - that Hollywood knock it off with the movie adaptations already.
- Margaret Atwood shows some love for Anne of Green Gables. Side note: as much as I love Anne, I found as I grew older the Emily books richer, and they remain my favorites. Check them out if you haven't.
- The Hermione Granger in me has to give props to this smart fifth-grader who found a mistake in a Smithsonian display. Oh, and his name is Kenton Stufflebeam. So fantastic. (Via The Park Bench.)
- Filmmaker Ladd Ehlinger Jr. kicks off a series of articles on film for GreenCine with a thoughtful look at Orson Welles and the monolith that is Citizen Kane.
- Also at GreenCine: an interview with one of the directors of Girls Rock!.
- Women serving in the U.S. military are more likely to be raped by a fellow soldier than killed by enemy fire in Iraq. No comment on that one.