- I keep holding out hope that new Star Wars offerings are going to at least be okay, if not a bit of return to former glory. But the evidence keeps piling up against it.
- "Theirs was a New York love, a checkered taxi ride burning rubber, and like the city their passion was open 24/7, steam rising from their bodies like slick streets exhaling warm, moist, white breath through manhole covers stamped "Forged by DeLaney Bros., Piscataway, N.J." The 2008 Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Award winners are out.
- Some horrible examples of global blogger imprisonment. To make horrible light of the subject, I only support repercussions for bloggers when they post regular pictures of their lunches.
- Cinematical's Geek Beat looks at the summer's movie heroines (or lack thereof).
- How to stop being a lazy designer.