- Maurice Sendak hates God, Salman Rushdie, and cloying cartoons, not necessarily in that order. (Hat tip: Bookninja.)
- Is there a future for indie film?
- A defense of adverbs. (Hat tip: Alas, a blog.)
- Author Mike Heppner is publishing four novellas in different formats: the second as a super-small press product, and the fourth as a free digital download. One and three TBD.
- There's a film about the Eliot Ness and the Cleveland Torso Murders in the works, with Matt Damon signed on as Ness, and, more importantly, David Fincher signed on to direct. Since I'm a bit of true crime geek, and from NE Ohio, the Torso Murders are a topic I know far too much about, and am curious to see how Fincher spins this similarly unsolved case differently than the Zodiac.
- Ridiculous design rules: not all ridiculous, but a caution to never follow any rule off of a cliff is generally a good thing.