- From Hell Yeah Dude: Don’t smother inspiration by not expanding to other mediums.
- Vote for the Science Fiction B-Movie Hall of Fame!
- Mad Men creator Matthew Weiner defends the show's anachronisms.
- GalleyCat wonders why women don't write "big-idea" books. Big-idea book writer (and woman) Virginia Postrel responds.
- Remembering Katharine Hepburn: "Kate was my godmother, and the Kate I knew and loved paid scant lip service to self-analysis. Her thinking was much too selfless, clear, level-headed and straightforward to waste precious time pondering the 'what-ifs' of the world. She was singularly unimpressed by our modern obsession with self-importance."
- Amy Hoy dissects the "where are the women in programming" question.
- In the face of the trend of pharmacies refusing to do their jobs and keeping legal contraception from customers, the ACLU has a handy guide of what to do if faced with a refusal at pharmacy. Pass it on.
- 10 ways to avoid hipster baby names.
- I'm on record with the opinion that we should just let all the sleeping, incoherent bits of the Beat generation's unpublished writing lie - however, here's the "new" book by Jack Kerouac and William Burroughs.
- Having said that, I also just read John Leland's recent book Why Kerouac Matters, and it is excellent.
A new design is in the works, along with a return to more regular and extensive blogging. Just so you know.