- Forty million Americans now contribute to social networking sites. Who are they?
- Real people who inspired pop songs: "One day a friend called me and said, 'Turn on the radio!' They were playing Walk On The Wild Side. The funny thing is that, while I knew the Velvet Underground's music, I'd never met Lou Reed. I called him up and said, 'How do you know this stuff about me?' He said, 'Holly, you have the biggest mouth in town.' We met and we've been friends ever since."
- If the Beats had internet, would they have Twittered? (Via Bill Corbett.)
- I'm not a big My Fair Lady fan in the first place, so the prospect of a remake didn't thrill me very much when I first heard of it - but if Emma Thompson is writing and if she does get Hugh Laurie as Higgins, I might change my mind.
- On the other hand, I will remain entirely un-enthused about a Crow remake.
- Gridr buildrrr - a tool for building design grids.
- This past week, Reviewer X held Girl Week, a series of reviews, essays and interviews celebrating strong female characters and feminism in young adult literature.
- Echidne of the Snakes has a fantastic post about the psuedo-science of gender difference studies.