- Design is no place for democracy.
- Chasing Ray's essay on abandoned homes: "There are dying cities, dead neighborhoods and then those places that never even were. Even on a highway we are surrounded by ghosts; even roads to nowhere have their own hauntings to contend with."
- Depeche Mode's new video is seriously great.
- I mentioned this on Twitter yesterday, but, man, it's worth a repeat: Rush Limbaugh tries to puzzle out why more women don't listen to him. One of my personal favorite reasons comes from the time he claimed women can't and don't want to understand technology. Good times!
- This link's been all over the place, but for a good reason: 10 commandments of good design from Dieter Rams.
- Can a woman write the Great American Novel?
- An interview with Althea Crome, who knitted all the lovely miniature costumes for the characters in Coraline.
- The authors of Packaging Girlhood point out the ridiculousness of turning Dora the Explorer into a tween. Help out with their campaign if you can.