- Tales from writer/actress Nia Vardalos: "Lately, I've been in meetings regarding a new script idea I have. A studio executive asked me to change the female lead to a male, because... 'women don't go to movies.'"
- A collection of great film noir movie posters.
- The understatement of the year, courtesy of the MPAA: "We've done a lousy job of responding to changes in technology and consumer demands." (Via Ted Hope.)
- From Bright Lights After Dark: 10 (or more) film books that made me what I am today.
- Wait - so I missed the cameo by my favorite author in a film I've seen roughly twenty times? Apparently so, because there's Raymond Chandler, in Double Indemnity.
- The creative side of computer science.
- io9 asks, why all the Wonder Woman hate?
- It is okay for artists to make money ...no, really, it's okay.