- This might be one of my absolute favorite stories on the internet: Elevators, Americans, Missed Connections.
- Feral houses and other indigenous species of the rust belt
- I never want to hear the word franchise again. Part of the reason I don't want to see another Nolan Batman movie. I think it should just stop.
- Websites using popping colors.
- An interview with my top science crush, Neil deGrasse Tyson.
- On men and feminism: "There may be a time and place for single-sex organizing, but feminism is relevant to men, and there are lots of ways men can get involved in feminist issues. There’s definitely a place for men in advocating for reproductive freedom, ending male violence, promoting pay equity, preventing sexism - the list goes on."
- Forgotten fashion: the four o'clock dress.
- "In the 19th century, the paramount moral challenge was slavery. In the 20th century, it was totalitarianism. In this century, it is the brutality inflicted on so many women and girls around the globe: sex trafficking, acid attacks, bride burnings and mass rape."