- Confessions of a middlebrow professor: "It wasn't until I arrived in graduate school that I learned there were people who took the intellectual life for granted—who didn't think reading was praiseworthy in itself—and who looked down on the striver's culture from which I emerged as 'middlebrow.'"
- The props of Mad Men.
- Someone make The Crow remake stop. NOW.
- Trailer: Adrienne Shelly's Serious Moonlight.
- The Celluloid Ceiling: thoughts from five women who broke through.
- Lullabyes for adults: "As far as I'm concerned, these efforts to expose children to reggae-less versions of Bob Marley and cocaine-free versions of The Eagles has much more to do with the parents than with the kids themselves."
- When women hide behind their children on Facebook.