- The Golden Ratio in web design.
- "Stereotypes are usually the last thing to change in the face of contradictory evidence." Another study proving there's no biological gender gap in math ability.
- 75 books every writer should read. I didn't expect to like this list when I saw the title. But I do.
- "Religions derive their power and popularity in part from the ethical compass they offer. So why do so many faiths help perpetuate something that most of us regard as profoundly unethical: the oppression of women?" Kristof on religion and women.
- I know you're so over best-of film lists, but Film Comment's best of the decade list is really worth a look.
- "But a lot of the time, it’s just that people found they have better things to do with their limited time and resources." Charles Johnson on why past visions of the future usually don't come to pass.
- Bruce Campbell's five favorite movies.