- The mathematics of the Hollywood blockbuster: "The key thing is having shots of similar length that recur in a regular pattern throughout a film."
- Why Blockbuster's studio ties leave independent DVD stores struggling. As if another reason were needed to avoid Blockbuster. They are bad for movies, period.
- Is it time for a pulp renaissance?
- Is Computer Engineer Barbie going to get more girls into tech?
- Ten rules for writing fiction.
- "The world seems to be split into roughly three different types of people: Those who have a passion for nothing, those who have a passion for one thing and those who have a passion for everything." Three types of passion. (Via Disassociated.)
- A nice collection of white-based websites.