Geez, I leave the internet for a week or so, and all sorts of stuff happens. After I finally caught up on my feeds, these things seemed worth mentioning:
- Andy Rutledge talks about the employable web designer.
- A Transmission about Liz Phair from the Actual Guyville. At Donewaiting, Tankboy defends Liz.
- Did I mention how happy I am to not be doing tech support anymore? Well, I am.
- George Carlin died. What a bummer. Jezebel posted one of my favorite bits of his: pro-life is anti-women.
- New novels and a new NYC art exhibit explore the murders of women in Ciudad Juarez.
- The Indiegrrl conference will have speakers, workshops, networking opportunities for independent women artists.
- I just caught up on podcasts, too, and although this is a couple of weeks' old, Jumping Monkeys talked to Girl Scouts' tech director about their new digital campaign for girls.
There's probably more. I'll have some much-needed down time in the next couple of days to catch up.